Pavement Engineering, Asphalt Technology and Infrastructure – 2019
The eighteenth Annual International Conference on Pavement Engineering, Asphalt Technology and Infrastructure
Sensor City, 31 Russell Street, Liverpool, L3 5LJ
27- 28 February 2019, Liverpool, UK
Gerald Byrne, our National Specification Manager, is speaking at this event on Industry Progress with Geosynthetics & Steel Meshes.
Conference aims and topics
The Department of Civil Engineering at Liverpool John Moores University, in association with the Road Surface Treatments Association (RSTA), ASI Solutions and Colas Ltd UK, will host its 18th annual international conference in February 2019.
The conference will focus on pavement engineering, asphalt technology and infrastructure; and is a continuation of the successful annual events hosted by LJMU since 2001. These annual conferences have attracted large numbers of speakers from industry and academia in the past and delegates and exhibitors from the UK, Europe, Middle East, USA, South America, Australia and the Far East have all taken part.
The conference will benefit those stakeholders with specific interest in:
- the development, construction and management of asphalt technology;
- sustainable infrastructure, environmental protection, materials technology, pavement and infrastructure structural design and evaluations;
- IT in pavement, asphalt and infrastructure; and
- energy reduction, aggregate recycling initiatives, airport and highways design and maintenance
The conference will be of interest to:
- policy advisors;
- environmental regulators;
- infrastructure clients;
- specifiers, planners and designers;
- research centres, academia, local authorities;
- highway-related consultants and designers; and
- materials suppliers, construction companies, contractors and educational institutions.
The conference will pay particular attention to:
- pavement design, aggregate and asphalt materials;
- improvements in paving technology;
- secondary cementitious materials, data collection and pavement inventory management; and
- highway asset management, recycling initiatives, road maintenance and infrastructures
Papers are invited on topics mentioned above and those addressing the themes of the conference, innovation and the application of new materials and/or techniques are welcomed. Contributions are especially welcomed from clients, specifiers, regulators, local authorities, consultants, contractors, materials suppliers, research and educational organisations/institutions.
The conference will provide a unique setting within which to share and explore new ideas and to review innovations in the practical application of sustainable construction materials and techniques in pavement engineering and highways maintenance.
For more information please click here.